Friday, December 21, 2012

Five Things: Lia and Amanda

This last post is dedicated to my two best friends here in Paris. Lia and Amanda have been amazing friends since I met them. Let's tell the story of how I became friends with each of them.



One of the first nights I was here, there was a group of people getting together in a room at the Cite U to hang out and meet each other. I was supposed to meet someone at the center building and we were going to walk there together. Without phones, it was quite difficult and we wound up not finding each other. I went back to my room and received a Facebook message from Lia saying we should try and head over together, so we agreed to meet up. I was walking to the other side of the Cite U and all of the sudden I here someone quietly say my name. I looked to my right, and there was Lia! The rest is history.



Amanda and I were walking back from a night out with friends. We were walking from the metro and first realized we were in the same building, then the same floor, then realized we lived right next to each other. We were neighbors! It was so funny when realized our rooms were directly next to each other and we hung out all the time after that.




These two have been with me since the beginning and I am so lucky to have them in my life. They have helped me through good times and bad times, but I owe so much of this amazing semester to both of them. They talk all the time about how I don't mention them enough in blog posts, but here you go, you two! I love you both and know we will be friends for a long time. Try not to miss me too much when I'm gone but I know Paris has more in store for you. Thanks for everything.









No comments:

Post a Comment