Thursday, December 20, 2012

Five Things: The Metro

All of my friends know that the metro system is one of my absolute favorite parts of Paris. I love the system so much. I'm not sure if it's the brilliance of it, how much fun it is to ride, how grown-up I feel making transfers and following the pack of rush hour people in and out of the system, or how it takes me anywhere I want to go in Paris. My NaviGo (the monthly metro pass) is one of the greatest investments I have ever made. I take the metro anywhere from two to twenty times a day, maybe more, but not a day goes by that I do not use it. I feel like the coolest person in the world when I swipe my NaviGo and walk right through the turnstiles. I will definitely miss that.

This map is my best friend. I use it all the time and feel no shame. I keep one with me at all times, sometimes more than one. The information desk in each metro stop gives them out for free and I've collected quite a few since I've been in Paris. It may look complicated, but within a week or so of living in Paris, you, too, would be able to navigate the metro!


My metro stop is Dugommier on line 6, but my favorite line is 4. Maybe it's because it was the first one I used when I lived near Porte d'Orleans during my first month, but I love how it goes right through the center of the city and the way the route looks on the inside of the metro cars. My school is also on line 4, at the Saint.-Germain-de-Pres stop. I really am going to miss the metro so much. I could get anywhere in the entire city of Paris these past four months with just a swipe of my pass. The city was mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment