Tuesday, December 11, 2012

London, baby!

This weekend, I went to London with Lia and Amanda. London was my last trip of the semester and it was quite exciting crossing this final destination off of the list I made at the beginning of the semester back in August. 

I'm going to make this post short and sweet since a play-by-play of the weekend seems unecessary. We saw the Parliament building, Big Ben, had tea with my friend from IU, Kelsey, rode a double decker bus, went up the London Eye and the Tower Bridge, and saw the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London. I, of course, took my Harry-Potter-Lover photo at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross and fawned over the Harry Potter goodies at Harrods department store. As far as touristy things go, that was the gist of our weekend. They were all great sights to see and someday I'll return to buy all of those Harry Potter goodies. 

The best things, however, occurred on Sunday, our last day in London. Lia and I decided to get friendship piercings. Amanda held our hands, so she counts, too. That night, we went to a bar that was basically empty. They had karaoke and I decided to sing "Somebody to Love" by Queen, one of my signature songs. Both of those things I have been wanting to do for a long time and I'm so proud of myself for doing them. No matter how much my mother may hate the piercing or how few people were there listening to me sing, I had a blast. I was so happy that I finally found the courage to do both. Getting the piercing was super scary but the karaoke was fine, especially since so few people were in the bar. But the best part was that I did them. Two things I was scared to do, I just went out and did them and it was amazing. I'm so thankful for Amanda and Lia who helped me through all the fear and silly nerves and and grateful to them for watching me sing and cheering me on. And Happy Hanukkah!



No comments:

Post a Comment